Current Availability: (Updated 7/12/21)
- 1 dark green female (hatched 11/20) available. She was handfed but will need some work to make a good pet. Or she would also be a fine breeder.
We are a small aviary breeding Lineolated Parakeets, Crimson Bellied Conures and Roseifrons Conures. We limit the number of pairs we keep to ensure that all have adequate space, resources and attention. While we mostly hand-feed, we occasionally let the parents rear a clutch to weaning, so that the chicks will one day make great parents themselves. Our philosophy is based on striking a delicate balance between raising birds to be amazing pets and ensuring that they have a healthy, nurturing upbringing so that they do not resort to negative behaviors down the line, such as feather mutilation. To this end, we provide parents with large cages and nutritious food, and we monitor them consistently to notice any changes in mood or behavior. Parents incubate their eggs and ideally feed chicks for the first 2-4 weeks. Whenever possible, chicks are kept with chicks of similar species and age during hand feeding and weaning. All chicks learn to fly and have plenty of practice before possibly getting clipped. We like to leave that decision up to the customer whenever possible.
We try to stay up on all the latest studies and research regarding parrots and their care and breeding so that we can offer the best possible advice to new parents. We'd much prefer that you ask us rather than find answers of dubious reliability on the internet.
- Linnies - greens are $225, blues are $275 and lutinos and creaminos $300.
- Crimson Bellied Conures - $1000.
- Roseifrons Conures - $1000.
All prices include DNA sexing and a starter bag of Roudybush pellets.
- Deposits are non-refundable and will go towards the overall price of the bird. Total is due at pickup.
- Health guarantee: After pickup, you have 7 business days to take your bird to an avian vet (ask us for recommendations!) for a checkup and disease testing. If your vet finds anything troubling that we did not disclose at time of purchase, we will take the bird back and give you a full refund.
- We do not have a waiting list, but do have an email list that you may ask to be put on. We will let you know as soon as we have updates.
- We are located in Randallstown, MD, in the suburbs of Baltimore. We do not ship but can meet you halfway or deliver. The first 30 miles are free, every mile after that is $2 one-way.